HOCL for Healthcare Systems
Hypochlorous Acid is well-known as a powerful and safe disinfectant agent that effectively controls contamination of viral, bacterial and fungal transmission. It is a powerful oxidizing agent. In aqueous solution, it dissociates into H+ and OCl–, denaturing and aggregating proteins. HOCl also destroys viruses by chlorination, by forming chloramines and nitrogen-centered radicals. This results in single and double-stranded DNA breaks, rendering the nucleic acid useless, and the virus harmless.Hypochlorous acid is also known as nature's most reliable disinfectant. It is a naturally occurring chemical that is produced by our own white blood cells to fight off pathogens. Outside of the body, HOCL is produced by an anolyte generator through an electrolysis process using salt and water.
Many properties contribute to why HOCL may be the disinfectant of choice in the healthcare setting:
- Easy-to-use and has multiple applications
- General disinfecting on all surface types
- Fogging or misting rooms, hallways, cafeterias, waiting rooms, etc.
- Preventing and eliminating biofilm
- 100% natural and safe to use around people and animals without PPE
- Non-toxic and non-corrosive
- 100 times more powerful than bleach
- Broad range of bactericidal and virucidal effects - Helps reduce the transmission of COVID-19, Staph, H1N1, E. coli, Salmonella, Listeria, C. Diff, and HIV
- Inexpensive - Produce on-site with an anolyte generator
- Compatible with foggers, misters, sprayers and humidifiers
The EPA, FDA and USDA have approved the usage of hypochlorous acid in many applications. Service Wing Organic Solutions, LLC is an EPA approved company. Our 500 ppm HOCL product, is on List N Disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2.