Eco-friendly Biocide for Oil and Gas Industry
Hypochlorous Acid (HOCL) is the most effective and environmentally friendly solution to disinfect fracing water and prevent groundwater contamination. It is a powerful oxidizing agent that destroys pathogens on contact. When it degrades, it turns back to a saline solution of salt and water.
HOCL is a safe disinfectant agent that effectively controls contamination of viral, bacterial and fungal transmission. It is a powerful oxidizing agent. In aqueous solution, it dissociates into H+ and OCl–, denaturing and aggregating proteins. HOCl also destroys pathogens by chlorination, by forming chloramines and nitrogen-centered radicals. This results in single and double-stranded DNA breaks, rendering the nucleic acid useless, and the virus harmless.
Many properties contribute to why HOCL may be the solution of choice for the oil and gas industry:
- Easy-to-use biocide that has multiple applications
- Prevents and removes biofilm, scale and slime build up
- Disinfects fracing water and prevents groundwater contamination
- Neutralizes hydrogen sulfide
- Effective in controlling Sulfate Reducing Bacteria (SRB)
- 100% natural and safe to use around people and animals without PPE
- Non-toxic and non-corrosive and non-combustible
- Broad range of bactericidal and virucidal effects
- Lower operating costs - Produce on-site with an anolyte generator