1. How do I use Hypochlorous Acid (HOCL) as a disinfectant? HOCL is a multi-purpose disinfectant that replaces all cleaning agents and provides major cost savings. It can be applied on all surface types with foggers, misters, sprayers, mops, sponges, humidifiers, floor scrubbers etc. It is also approved to sanitize food contact surfaces by diluting the product 1:1.5 with water to prepare a 200 ppm FAC solution. No rinsing is required for this application.
2. Is it safe to use around people and animals? HOCL is a natural disinfectant that is produced by our own white blood cells to fight off pathogens. Outside of the body, it is produced by an anolyte generator using salt, water and electricity. It is non-toxic and safe to apply with people and animals present. HOCL has a fresh, clean scent.
3. Where can an anolyte generator be installed? What are the installation requirements? The generators should be installed indoors, in a climate-controlled area with a drain available. They are mounted on a 4’ x 8’ area. The customer needs to provide the following for installation:110/15 AMP for water softener, 220/20 AMP for generator, 1/2 inch water line, Internet connection, 1 inch drain line, storage tank for disinfectant and Morton Water Softener Pellets.
4. What is the lifetime of the unit? The typical lifespan for an anolyte generator is 6-7 years. All generators have a one-year warranty that covers parts. We also offer annual maintenance agreements for the systems. As long as maintenance agreement payments are met, then Service Wing will replace and repair all components and send a technician to service the machine whenever it is necessary.
5. What is the response time if maintenance is required? During normal business hours, Service Wing will respond to maintenance calls within 2-4 hours. If the problem cannot be fixed by remote diagnostics, then Service Wing technicians will make arrangements for on-site repair.
6. How do you operate the system and does it require training? The anolyte generators are self-automated and provide remote monitoring. The PLC screen is simple to operate and monitor production levels. The system alerts the user and Service Wing if something is not functioning properly. We also provide basic training during installation.
7. How often do you have to refill salt? We recommend using Morton Water Softener Pellets. The customer needs to supply 12 – 40 lb bags for start-up. The salt levels in the brine tank should be checked monthly.
9. Does the size of the machine vary from model to model? Only slightly due to increased cell and battery power for maximum output models.
10. What do I flush the system with? Muriatic acid which can be sourced at Pool companies and Home Depot. We recommend flushing it once a quarter.